Welcome to Independence Associates’ first writing contest with $500 in prizes. This year’s contest will be an open format which can include nonfiction, fiction, poems, short stories, and even journalism. The theme for this year is disability. While the topic is general, we hope submissions represent the uniqueness in each one of us.
The Independence Associates Board of Directors will act as the judges and choose winners for first, second, and third places.
- 1st place prize of $250
- 2nd place prize $150
- 3rd place prize of $100
- Submissions must be 1500 words or fewer
- May be fictional or nonfiction
- Must be original and written by the submitter
- Must be unpublished
- Deadline to submit is September 7th 11:49 PM EST
- Winner will be announced September 21
- Participants retain rights to their submissions
- Participants grant us allowance to share submissions on www.iacil.org
- No entry fee and open to all
How to submit
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.