Frequently Asked Questions


Can I refer someone for services?

Yes! If you know someone with a disability who might benefit from our services or you’re not sure and would like to find out, please use our form here.

Do I need to have a disability?

Yes. Our services are only available to people with disabilities.

Does IA provide services in my area?

We provide all of our programs and services in the following towns: Abington , Avon, Bridgewater, Brockton, Carver, Cohasset , Duxbury, East Bridgewater , Easton, Halifax, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, , Kingston, Mansfield, Marshfield, Middleborough, Norton, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Plympton, Raynham, Rockland, Scituate, Stoughton, Taunton, West Bridgewater, Whitman.

We also provide personal care management services in these additional towns:

Cape Organization for Rights of the Disabled service area: Aquinnah (Gay Head), Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Chatham, Chilmark, Dennis, Eastham, Edgartown, Falmouth, Gosnold, Harwich, Mashpee, Nantucket, Oak Bluffs, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Tisbury, Truro, Wellfleet, West Tisbury, Yarmouth

Southeast Center for Independent Living service area: Acushnet, Attleboro, Berkley, Dartmouth, Dighton, Fairhaven, Fall River, Freetown, Lakeville, Marion, Mattapoisett, New Bedford, North Attleboro, Rehoboth, Rochester, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea, Wareham, Westport


I am in need of housing, can IA help me?

Yes, we can educate and guide you through the application process and other government funded housing opportunities. We conduct an informational housing conference call twice a month at which time we will cover the application process and the various resources available to you in your housing search.  We will assist with filling out the application properly and obtaining the necessary documentation you will need.

Please understand that all housing authorities have a wait list. If you are homeless and facing eviction or foreclosure we can direct you to the necessary resources to assist you.